During the 62 years since independence, India has developed considerably. However, its development could have been even greater if the people had worked hard, been self reliant and conscious of dignity.
It would help a lot if common people take an oath on Republic Day and on Independence Day and adhere to the same. The oath should include the following:
- “I will not treat any work as undignified and will work for at least 8 hours a day and six days in a week.”
- “I will not hesitate to contribute my labour to the extent possible for public cause or to help those in need of assistance.”
- “I will keep myself and my environment clean.”
- “I will not accept bribes in cash or in kind from political parties to vote in any election.”
- “I will not aspire for things which do not belong to me.”
- “I will report to the concerned authorities all information which I come to know about all the crimes and criminals.”